Monday, March 27, 2006

ZZZZzzzznakes…

Okay, this is starting to get creepy. I actually dreamed about Snakes on a Plane last night.

First, before boarding, I was at home and this big-ass python was slithering around my staircase. I somehow dispatched it with a grenade, which it swallowed before detonation. The python splattered all over my upstairs hallway in a surprisingly regular maroon pattern.

Then came the waiting in line for a ticket. I was very worried about being late, because I knew there would be snakes on my plane. I knew I could catch a later flight, but would the snakes wait?

At last, Kathy and I got onboard, but we weren’t able to sit together. So far, no snakes. I kept on looking to the row behind me, but she didn’t see any snakes either. Then we took off, and soon there were snakes everywhere. We were stepping on them, hitting them with our carry-ons, whatever we could do. But I couldn’t help but thinking that Kathy & I were the only ones of our friends who made it, and thinking how much everyone else would like to be attacked by snakes, too.

I’m sure there are other details, but the thing I remember most vividly is the tension when I thought I might miss my flight, because I didn’t want to miss the snakes.

Rob

2 comments:

bastard central said...

the wife just got back from NOLA this weekend she reports that there were no snakes on either of her got damned planes.

Chris A. said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- that Kathy's one lucky lady!